Occupy Wall Street Protesters: How To Stop Civil Rights Abuse

This is Part 1 of our 5 Part Series on Legal Rights for Occupy Wall Street Protesters. Please join the discussion on our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gunzburg-Law-New-York/114302128603525

There are also steps that you can take as a citizen to help change the infrastructure that allows for police misconduct in the first place. The organization called Human Rights Watch has the following suggestions:

Write to your state legislators and governor urging them to create a special prosecutor’s office to handle the investigation and prosecution of police officers accused of brutality or corruption.
Write to your city government and urge that full funding be provided for citizen review of police officers accused of human rights violations. If your city, county, or town does not have citizen review of your police, call for the creation of an effective civilian review unit.
Write to your U.S. Representative or Senator, urging them to base federal grant money awarded to police departments on the departments’ creation of effective accountability systems.
Write to your city government and urge it to require your police department to create and use “early warning” or “at-risk” systems to identify officers who are the subjects of repeated complaints or civil lawsuits alleging misconduct.
Call our caring staff of police civil rights abuse attorneys today. We can help you regain your confidence and pride back and fight your case in a court of law. Let our dedicated team of attorneys educate you about your legal rights and your available options with one simple phone call.

We know how to remedy the bad with the good. We’ve helped hundred of clients win the money that they deserve.

We can offer victims of police mistreatment the following services:

Police Brutality
False Arrest
Police Assault
Police Battery
Police Civil Rights Abuse
Call Michael Gunzburg, P.C. today at 212-725-8500 for your free initial phone consultation.

If your rights have been violated by the police, contact a New York Police Civil Rights Abuse Lawyer at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. today!

This entry was posted in Occupy Wall Street. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s