Some of these injuries occur when:
- An elevator gets stuck
- Misses a floor in building
- Does not open level with the floor
- Suddenly speeds up or slows down
- People trip
- A closing doors hit people
- The electronic eye mechanism doesn’t function properly
- Doors open onto empty shafts
- Elevators plummet down the shaft
- Escalators have excessive gaps between moving stairs and sides of the machine
- There is improper exposure of shafts
Check to make sure that the elevator has been examined by certified inspectors within the past six months. It is the responsibility of building owners and managers to make sure that all elevators and escalators are properly maintained and inspected for use by their tenants, employees and visitors. An experienced elevator accident lawyer NY firm is familiar with the documents needed to pursue your claim.
Have you or someone you know become a victim and need an Elevator Accident Lawyer? NY attorney Michael Gunzburg can help regarding your case today!
For more information, please visit our links page.
Michael Gunzburg is a New York Elevator Accident Attorney serving the New York Metropolitan area, including New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland and Orange County.