Thankfully, 90% of eye injuries can be prevented! Consider these ten important reminders from the organization Prevent Blindness America.
- Wash your hands after using household chemicals.
- Wear chemical safety goggles when using hazardous chemicals.
- Turn spray nozzles away from your face.
- Read and follow directions when opening bottle-tops.
- Provide lights and handrails to improve safety on stairs.
- Keep paints, pesticides and fertilizers properly stored in a secure area.
- Wear recommended protective goggles, helmets, and safety gear.
- Use guards on all power equipment.
- Wear ultraviolet (UV)-protective sunglasses and never look directly at the sun (especially during an eclipse), and,
- Wear recommended work-related protective gear.
With respect to keeping children safe:
- Select toys that are appropriate for the child’s age and activity level.
- Provide adequate supervision during activities that use sharp objects.
- Don’t allow a child to play with projectile toys like pellet guns.
- Beware of sharp items in playgrounds and play areas.
- Keep all hazardous cleaning supplies out of the reach of children.
- Keep children away from fireworks.
- Set an example by using the appropriate protective eyewear.
- Keep children away from lawnmowers since debris can be projected.
- At school, teach children to wear protective eye wear during lab class.
Come to the New York Eye Injury Lawyers at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. and see what our experience can do for you. We’ve helped our clients win multi-million dollar settlements. Perhaps your case will be our next success story.
Michael Gunzburg is a New York Eye Injury Lawyer serving the New York metropolitan area including New York City, Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Rockland, and Orange County.
Call us today for your free initial phone conversation at 212-725-8500.
If you or somoene you know has suffered an eye injury, contact an experienced New York Eye Injury Lawyer at the Law Office of Michael Gunzburg today!