Summer is here and with it comes great weather, vacations, outdoor activities, and an overall good time. Gunzburg Law of New York is hosting a Summer Series: articles that can help you stay safe and prepared for your upcoming summer adventures. Check back regularly or subscribe to our feed for more Summer Series articles! Don’t forget to join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @GunzburgLawNY
The next time that you embark on a day out in the park, follow a few safety tips to get the most out of your experience:
- Listen to the ride operators’ instructions regarding safety equipment and how to enter and exit the ride.
- Fasten available seatbelts, lap bars, and shoulder harnesses firmly, tug to ensure they are secure, and keep them fastened until the ride is complete.
- Secure all loose articles such as sunglasses, cell phones, keys, hats, wallets, and other items in a zipped pocket, bag, or locker to avoid losing them or having them fly out during the ride and potentially injure other riders.
- Do not attempt to take photos during the ride – it is easy for a camera to fall and break or cause injury.
- Keep hands, arms, and legs inside the roller coaster car at all times to avoid hitting nearby supports, branches, and other objects.
- Sit properly in the ride without twisting around, kneeling, or otherwise rearranging your body in a way that may compromise the effectiveness of the safety restraints.
- If you do lose an object on the coaster, alert the ride operator but do not attempt to retrieve the object yourself, even if you can see it beneath the ride.
- Never climb fences or otherwise enter restricted areas where the coaster or other dangerous equipment may be nearby.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a roller coaster accident, don’t suffer in silence. Call a New York Roller Coaster Accident Lawyer at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. today. We have families of our own, and know how important it is to feel protected and safe when you go out to an amusement park for a day of fun. Let us partner with you to achieve the maximum compensation you deserve.
Michael Gunzburg is a New York Roller Coaster Accident Lawyer serving the New York metropolitan area including New York City, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, Westchester, and Orange County.
Call us today for your free initial phone conversation at 212-725-8500.
If you or someone you know has been injured at an amusement park, contact a New York Roller Coaster Accident Lawyer at Michael Gunzburg, P.C. today!