Summer is here and with it comes great weather, vacations, outdoor activities, and an overall good time. Gunzburg Law of New York is hosting a Summer Series: articles that can help you stay safe and prepared for your upcoming summer adventures. Check back regularly or subscribe to our feed for more Summer Series articles! Don’t forget to join us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @GunzburgLawNY
There are some preventative measures you can take to reduce the risk of your child being involved in a bicycle accident. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that you enforce the following ten guidelines with your children.
- Avoid bicycle stunts and tricks.
- Stop and look for traffic at all intersections.
- Wear a certified protective helmet and/or protective gear for elbows and knees.
- Ride single-file on the right side of the road, with the flow of traffic.
- Refrain from riding at night.
- Obey all traffic signals and stop signs, especially waiting for a green light.
- Stay off high-traffic streets, and wear bright colored clothing or reflective stickers.
- Ride in a straight line near the shoulder or curb.
- Always try to ride with a buddy, but never ride double on one bike.
- Never ride a borrowed bike-it’s unpredictable and may not fit them properly.
If your child has been involved in a bike accident in New York, don’t delay!
Call us at 212-725-8500 for a free consultation to determine how we can help. We have a highly dedicated team of New York City Child Bike Accident Lawyers waiting to answer your questions.