Be aware that those who may be legally responsible for your injuries might try to blame you for the accident, by claiming that your own negligence was the cause of what happened. If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident, you should do the following:
1. Call the police immediately
2. Do not leave the scene of the accident until police arrive
3. Gather names, phone numbers and addresses of all witnesses
4. Obtain the registration and insurance information of all vehicles involved.
5. Record a description of the vehicles involved, including license plate number, make and model
6. Record the time, location, weather conditions, road conditions, estimated speed of vehicles involved and damage to vehicles and other property
7. Do not make any statements to anyone except a police officer
8. Call an ambulance if you suspect you may have been injured. It is important that you seek treatment immediately, not days afterward
Are you or someone you know a victim of a pedestrian accident? If so, contact us for a free consultation today!